Choose the perfect holiday letting
February Holidays in Europe: Top Holiday Lettings
The Top Places to Visit in Europe in February
February is carnival time with a several European countries marking the start of lent in their own unique way. Late winter is also a great time to view natural wonders in Northern Europe.
Every year from the 12th-18th c., the world-famous Venice Carnival ('Carnevale di Venezia') burst colourfully onto the streets and waterways of this romantic city. After a 200-year hiatus, it returned for the modern era and is celebrated today with much gusto. Often falling in February, this is a fine time to visit Venice and see residents dressed in the traditional, elaborate Venetian masks that the carnival is famed for.
Slovenia's green capital and 'city of dragons', Ljubljana hosts its own special Shrovetide carnival, which centres around the mythical creatures that have come to symbolise the city. Colourful parades, entertainment, puppet shows, and conviviality can be experienced throughout the historic core of Ljubljana.
As the chilly weather starts to subside in Denmark, the whole country plays host to the annual VinterJazz Festival, considered by many to be one of the best winter jazz events in Europe. Shows are hosted in many major Danish cities including Copenhagen, Aarhus and Esbjerg. With the evenings still dark during February, hunt out cosy bars and cafés for some true Danish 'Hygge'.
February is a good time to try and see the Northern Lights in Iceland, where you will also be able to warm up with a dip in some geothermal hot springs and visit the mesmerising blue ice caves which remain frozen each year until March. The capital, Reykjavik, hosts an annual Winter Lights Festival each February.
Best Places to Stay for February Holidays in Europe
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does holiday accommodation for February Holidays in Europe cost?
Holiday accommodation in Europe usually costs between £86 and £119 per night.
What types of holiday accommodation are available for February Holidays in Europe?
There's plenty of variety available when it comes to holiday accommodation for February Holidays in Europe, with 1,071,511 Apartment rentals and 450,536 House rentals on offer.
February Holidays: Top destinations and popular places to stay
Travel tips, inspiration and ideas for holidays in Europe
- City Breaks in Europe
- Beach Holidays in Europe
- Road Trips in Europe
- Couples Holidays in Europe
- Yoga Holidays in Europe
- Luxury Holidays in Europe
- Active Holidays in Europe
- Cycling Holidays in Europe
- Family Holidays in Europe
- European Adventure Holidays
- Skiing Holidays in Europe
- Toddler-Friendly Holidays in Europe
- Winter Sun Destinations in Europe
- Solo Travel in Europe
- Hen and Stag Do Destinations in Europe
- Honeymoon Destinations in Europe
- Spa Holidays in Europe
- Summer Holidays in Europe
- Last Minute Deals in Europe
- October Holidays in Europe
- Gay Travel in Europe
- Hiking Holidays in Europe
- Mountain Holidays in Europe
- Golf Breaks in Europe
- Water Park Holidays in Europe
- Active Family Holidays in Europe
- Lake Holidays in Europe
- November Holidays in Europe
- September Holidays in Europe
- Family Adventure Holidays in Europe
- December Holidays in Europe
- Party Holidays in Europe
- Christmas Market Breaks in Europe
- Surfing Holidays in Europe
- March Holidays in Europe
- Island Holidays in Europe
- May Holidays in Europe
- Couples Beach Holidays Europe
- Holidays in Europe in April
- The Best European Cities for Weekend Getaways