Do all-inclusive beach holidays bore you? Is rafting, bungee jumping, diving, or wing walking more your style? If you get shivers just by thinking about it and are already planning your next crazy adventure, forget about all-inclusive packages and check out our recommended places for an active holiday!
The peaceful capital of Slovenia feels like stepping into a different era. The people there enjoy a languid pace of life. Although it sounds like the perfect place for a relaxing holiday, you can also have the adventure of a lifetime!
- Go for a fairy-tale journey! Ljubljana's symbol is a dragon which can be found at every turn. Experience a true fairy-tale atmosphere in Ljubljana Castle.
- Feel the thrill while rafting or zip lining several metres above the ground in Bovec, two hours from Ljubljana.
- If rafting is not exciting enough for you, try canyoning! Jump into a fast-flowing mountain stream and let yourself be carried downstream at high speed.
San Sebastian, the proud capital city of Basque country, is known for stunning mountains and ocean views. The sweltering hot weather in summer is only matched by the fiery temperament of its residents!
- One of the biggest attractions is climbing Monte Urgull, where there is a statue of Jesus Christ similar to Christ the Rede.
- The varied landscape in San Sebastian offers many possibilities. From hiking in the mountains or relaxing by the sea, the world is your oyster.
- Need an adrenaline jolt? Go to Irun, located one hour away from San Sebastian, where the famous Running of the Bulls is held.
From luxurious chalets to exhilarating ski slopes to majestic mountain landscapes, Switzerland has something for everyone. If you're an adrenaline junkie, its breathtaking beauty will be the perfect backdrop to your next adventure.
- Ticino is the perfect place for you if you love hiking. The hours will simply fly by as you admire lush greenery, panoramic views and the majestic Alps.
- Vast lakes and a temperate climate make water sports a must in Switzerland. You can even dive into the Verzasca River, which is known for its turquoise waters!
- Like James Bond in Goldeneye, you can bungee jump off the Verzasca Dam! At 220 metres, the dam is the highest point in the world for bungee jumping.
The Italian region of Tuscany brings to mind world-famous vineyards, rustic cuisine prepared with love, pastoral countryside...and extreme motorbike sports? There's a unexpected side of Tuscany which may surprise you.
- Florence, Pisa, San Gimignano and Siena are cities with soul, culture and history. A must-see during during your trip to Tuscany!
- In the small town of Il Ciocco, experience a rush of adrenaline during Hell’s Gate, the extreme off-road motorbike race held every February.
- With its many mountain trails, Tuscany is perfect for hiking. Create memories of a lifetime in the breathtakingly green scenery of Tuscany.
Visit this amazing place the locals call “Hungarian Tuscany” and “Blue Riviera.” Besides stunning views, Balaton gives you the opportunity to have an active and adventurous holiday!
- If you want to try any kind of water sports, Balaton is the perfect place for you! Sailing, in particular, is getting more popular there.
- Have you always dreamt of flying? At the Balaton Lake this dream can come true! Try out skydiving while admiring the beautiful landscapes from the air.
- The surrounding mountains make this place a popular destination for tourists who enjoy more extreme activities such as wingsuit flying.
Want to spend your holidays skiing but not a fan of overcrowded slopes? Bansko is the perfect place for you! Along with gorgeous beaches, Bulgaria also boasts beautiful mountains and is a proper Balkan destination for more adventurous types.
- Thanks to its warm climate, Bansko is worth a visit from December to May.
- From snowboarding to cross-country skiing, you are guaranteed an exhilarating time. You will have lots of fun jumping off the ramps in the snow parks.
- You will fall in love with the Pirin mountains (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), the romantic old town, historical monuments and folksy taverns.
Mallorca is associated with turquoise waters, seedy resorts and general debauchery. Other than its parties, the island also boasts underground caves deep beneath the earth’s surface, perfect for true adventure seekers.
- The underground Dragon Caves in Mallorca extend to a depth of 25 metres. There is also an underground lake in the caves. Your visit ends with a short classical concert performed by four musicians on a boat. Now that's underground music!
- Small but charming Cuevas de Genova is located 36 metres underground. The natural beauty of the stalactites and stalagmites will take your breath away!
- The Cuevas dels Hams (or "Fishhook Caves") boast unique hook-like stalactites and stalagmites. You can even enjoy classical music complete with a light show!
Marvel at the outstretched panoramic views of the Oslo coast. The breathtaking scenery attracts adventure seekers from all over the world.
- Vigeland Park is in Oslo's centre. Art lovers can visit Ekeberg, which inspired Edvard Munch's "The Scream." The adventurous can island hop in the Oslo Fjord.
- From hiking to taking a cruise, the fjords fit the bill perfectly!
- One hour away by plane is the Troll Wall, which is the tallest vertical rock face in Europe at 1,100 metres. It's perfect for base jumpers and climbers alike!
Zakopane attracts crowds of tourists and avid fans of winter sports every year. The most popular Polish resort and many slopes are located in the vicinity of the Tatra Mountains. This makes Zakopane ideal for an active winter holiday.
- Love the crisp air and invigorating breeze of a mountain hike? The Tatra Mountains are perfect for you - you won't find better trails in Poland!
- Discover stunning lakes like the Morskie Oko or the Black Pond located high in the Tatra Mountains.
- If you've got what it takes, try climbing Giewont, the highest peak in Poland. Challenge yourself and live on the edge!
This beautiful Nordic island offers dramatic landscapes with volcanoes, geysers, hot springs and lava fields! You'll cherish your memories of your Reykjavik adventures for a lifetime!
- Volcanoes, waterfalls, mountains and fjords - you really have to see it to believe it! Iceland offers an unparalleled richness and variety in terrain.
- The nature surrounding Reykjavik is conducive to all kinds of sports. From rafting to kayaking to caving to hiking, you can really experience it all in Iceland!
- Take a car trip from Reykjavik along the southern coast to the Glacier Lagoon (Jökulsárlón). For James Bond fans, the movie "A View To Kill" featured this lake!
London evokes images of double-decker buses, red telephone booths and Big Ben. However, besides a truly worldly atmosphere, it also offers unforgettable experiences for the holiday of a lifetime!
- Does flying make you out of this world? Try wing walking in Essex, which is only two hours away by car from London!
- If you aren't afraid of heights, you might be interested in eating dinner in the air with an amazing panoramic view of the City!
- Not afraid to chase that adrenaline rush? Head to the west of the UK and zip line over precipices, between mountains and in caves.