Discover great sights in Europe to escape your daily grind and create happy memories with your loved one.Picturesque beaches and refreshing air are closer than you think! We gathered a list of great cities where you will find many family-friendly activities and remarkable sights to contemplate. Check our list, book a holiday-friendly cottage and start exploring this new city.
From Glücksburg up to Ahlbeck - the Baltic Sea promises some fun for the whole family with its white sand beaches and various attractions. You will find many family-friendly activities whether you are on the mainland or visiting one of the islands.
- Visit the Baltic Sea island called Usedom. You will find there the longest beach in Germany, which features 42 kilometres of uninterrupted seaside.
- If you are in Rügen during Summer, do not miss the impressive Störtebeker Festival. 300,000 visitors attend yearly the plays of this popular open-air theatre.
- Thrill-seekers will be satisfied with the numerous high rope courses, amusement parks and climbing parks located in the area.
The Texel island, located in the northern part of the Netherlands, is a great destination for families! You can wander through nature reserves, go cycling, visit farms and small villages or simply relax on the 30km-long beach.
- Take a walk through the De Slufter nature reserve and discover dunes, wonderfully coloured plants and a variety of bird species.
- Visit the seal station in Ecomare. This station shelters and takes care of young and/or ill seals and porpoises. Not to be missed is the feeding hour!
- Plan your visit to the De Bonte Belevenis estate, where you can observe the manufacture of products like candles, soap and paper and even try making some yourself!
Why not go on a family holiday to Gdansk? In the Brezno region you can go to the beach, let your mind wander and later explore the city!
- In the child-friendly Oliwskie Zoo you can discover more than 220 animal species. Furthermore, you can take a ride on the train or on a pony.
- Stroll through the beautiful Old Town of Gdansk and enjoy the architecture of the Long Market (Długi Targ) with the Town Hall and the Artus Court.
- The water park Sopot is a good idea not only on rainy days. It offers more than 70 water attractions such as water slides, hot tubs and different saunas.
Denmark is considered one of the most child-friendly countries in the world. Head there for holidays including nature, museums... or Legos! Our suggestion is West Jutland, home to the incredible UNESCO World Heritage site the Wadden Sea National Park.
- In the “Wow Park” forest playground, you will experience pure excitement while playing in the tree tops of the four-hectare-large gardens and woodland.
- Visit the fishery and the Maritime Museum in Esbjerg. On display is the seal aquarium, known as “Robbarium”, and several exhibitions as well.
- Take a day trip to the nearby Legoland in Billund, which has been built from 65 million Lego bricks!
Tyrol is a great choice for a relaxing family holiday in summer and winter alike: Enjoy green landscapes with lakes or jet down the white slopes!
- Walk along the 5km long Salvesen gorge trail. An educational trail for children will educate them about how the gorges got formed. Sturdy shoes required!
- A ride on one of the Tyrolean summer toboggan runs is not for the faint-hearted. The longest one is the Alpine Coaster in Imst, offering a thrilling 3,5-km-ride.
- During winter time, visit the popular Hochfügen-Zillertal ski resort. Slopes for every skier level are available.
Experience the perfect blend of action and relaxation in Grisons! Young dreamers and courageous explorers alike will discover a multitude of suitable activities in this family-friendly environment.
- Visit the Savognin Bivio Albula region. Switzerland's number one holiday destination offers great excursions and received a Family-friendly seal of approval.
- In the Davos Klosters, discover the impressive high wire and bicycle park called Färich. Alternatively, you can visit Madrisa Wonderland.
- The Squirrel Path in Arosa is perfect for holidays with children: They will be delighted to observe and feed tamed squirrels and birds.
Family vacation in Brittany! That sounds like crêpes, stunning nature and savoir-vivre. And it sure is! The French coastal region has got great traditions and Bretons will welcome you warmly if you embrace their region.
- Explore the charming town of Carnac with the famous menhirs and large upraised stones. Moreover, Carnac has five stunning beaches.
- Go to Brest to visit the large aquarium Océanopolis, whose different air-conditioned pavilions accommodate more than 10,000 animals.
- Take a trip to the popular Breton island Belle-Île-en-Mer. Let yourself be inspired by the island’s beauty and Sauzon’s harbour.
Blackpool isn’t a typical seaside resort with the tranquil beach promenade. It offers beaches with a variety of fast-paced rides, amusement centres and impressive light shows. In a nutshell, Blackpool is an exciting experience for the whole family.
- “The Big One” justifies its name: UK’s highest rollercoaster with its 65m peak stands out on the “Pleasure Beach”.
- Discover in Blackpool Zoo more than 1000 different species.
- At the amusement center “Illuminasia” you will be taken aback by beautifully illuminated art work. Besides illuminations there is a 3D show to admire.
This beautiful Balearic island is just a short flight away. In a couple of hours you'll be enjoying the Mediterranean climate with beaches, palm trees and warm weather. Besides, your children will love to build sandcastles!
- Stroll through Palma de Mallorca, the charming old town of Mallorca. If you feel tired, hop on a sightseeing tour with the double-decker tour bus.
- Go for a hike in the Mondrago natural park and later refresh yourself at one of the beaches with the turquoise blue water. Dreamlike!
- Enjoy the stellar view from the Capdepera castle. This Northeast Mallorca’s fortress, with its 700-year history, is a childlike knighthood dream come true.
Do you want to escape the cold season? Canary archipelago’s island Gran Canaria offers good weather and subtropical climate all year round due to its proximity to the equator. In addition, it has a lot of great offers for families.
- Go to the water safari and observe dolphins in their natural habitat: An unforgettable experience!
- Discover the island on the back of a camel thanks to La Baranda safari park. This camel ride will take you through Fataga’s nature reserve.
- Spend an exciting day in Maspalomas water park, which offers huge water slides, children’s area and hot tubes for relaxation.
Located in southwestern Italy, Cilento is still a well-kept secret with its relaxing atmosphere and absent tourist crowds. Let alone its beautiful hills with olive trees and ideal swimming spots.
- Discover Cilento and Vallo di Diano National Park with its world-famous Paestum and Velia sights, which have been included in the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Visit the sea coast town Castellabate with its delightful azure seaside and stroll through the charming old town.
- Take a boat trip to Palinuro’s five natural caves with their incredible colours afterweard go for a swim the Buon Dormire bay.
Our final city suggestion for a successful family holiday is Athens, the capital city of Greece. This historical site offers a perfect blend of touristic and beach holiday. Besides, it is an amazing destination for history buffs.
- Discover Athens, starting with its sandy part at the Asteras Glyfadas beach. It is not so far away from the city centre and is considered particularly child-friendly.
- Visit the Acropolis. Not only you will be awestruck by looking at the ancient temples, but als by the fantastic panorama of Athens.
- Visit Allou’s amusement park. A ride on one of the many attractions guarantees you a rush of adrenaline! In addition, the park has a fairy land area for younger children.