Choose the perfect holiday letting
September Holidays in Italy: Top Destinations
September Holidays in Italy: Top Holiday Lettings
The Top Places to Visit in Italy in September
Looking for September holidays in Italy? Just browse our handy guide below!
Rome is busy throughout the year, but it can get especially hectic during the summer months. In September, some of the crowds begin to clear, and you'll have more space when you visit top attractions like the Colosseum and St. Peter's Basilica. There are churches filled with breathtaking renaissance art around every corner, and you can stop off at one of the many on-street cafes for a traditional gelato.
A favourite holiday destination of many northern Italians, the Dolomites are a mountain range with scenic trails for hiking and cycling. There are also lakes for fishing and swimming and many pretty villages that serve tasty dishes such as pumpkin ravioli and polenta with venison.
Not far from the Dolomites is the cosmopolitan city of Milan. It's one of the fashion capitals of the world, and you can shop 'till you drop at Milan's many designer stores. As well as the big-name fashion outlets, there are Michelin-starred restaurants and stunning architecture with buildings like the huge Duomo cathedral.
A series of colourful villages set into the hillsides, Cinque Terre is still warm well into September. In each village, steep steps lead down to beautiful harbours where you can watch the world go by, or take a boat tour up and down the coast to see the beautiful scenery of the area.
Best Places to Stay for September Holidays in Italy
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does holiday accommodation for September Holidays in Italy cost?
Holiday accommodation in Italy usually costs between £86 and £129 per night.
What types of holiday accommodation are available for September Holidays in Italy?
To find accommodation and complete the planning for September Holidays in Italy, browse our top-notch selection of available Apartment rentals and House rentals.
September Holidays: Top destinations and popular places to stay
Travel tips, inspiration and ideas for holidays in Italy
- City Break to Rome
- City Break to Venice
- Italy City Breaks
- Beach Holidays in Italy
- Lake Holidays in Italy
- City Break to Florence
- Italy with Kids
- Italy Ski Holidays
- Road Trips in Italy
- Family Holidays in Sardinia
- City Breaks in Naples
- City Breaks in Sorrento
- Skiing Holidays in Livigno
- Last Minute Deals in Italy
- Luxury Holidays in Italy
- City Breaks in Verona
- Last Minute Deals in Rome
- Family Holidays on Lake Garda
- Cycling Holidays in Italy
- Weekend Breaks in Sicily
- Family Holidays in Sicily
- Weekend Breaks in Lake Garda
- Yoga Holidays in Italy
- Couples Holidays in Italy
- Last Minute Deals in Venice
- City Breaks in Bologna
- Family Beach Holidays in Italy
- Beach Holidays in Sicily
- Summer Holidays in Italy
- Beach Holidays in Sardinia
- Luxury Holidays in Sardinia
- Family Holidays in Tuscany
- Child-Friendly Holidays in Italy
- Road Trips in Tuscany
- Weekend Breaks in Lake Como
- City Breaks in Pisa
- Weekend Breaks in Tuscany
- Weekend Breaks in Sardinia
- Beach Holidays in Tuscany
- Family Holidays in Rome
- Italy Honeymoon
- Last Minute Deals in Sardinia
- Road Trips in the Amalfi Coast
- Weekend Breaks in the Amalfi Coast
- City Breaks in Palermo
- City Breaks in Pompeii
- October Holidays in Italy
- Skiing Holidays in Sestriere
- Amalfi Coast Honeymoon
- Island Holidays in Italy
- Golf Holidays in Italy
- Skiing Holidays in La Thuile
- Pet-Friendly Holiday Rentals in Italy
- Sardinia Honeymoon
- Holidays For Couples in Tuscany