Useful information for your visit to Albert Dock
There's lots to experience in and around Albert Dock, and it's worth doing some research before your visit. Museums such as the Liverpool Maritime Museum and Tate Modern may have special exhibitions running, and these museums are so vast you could easily spend a day in either. Staff in Albert Dock hotels are often a great source of information for current events too.
1. Maritime and Slavery Museum
This is one of the largest museums in the Dock complex, and it can get busy at peak times. Arrive early and head to the top of the building to see the slavery museum, before working your way back to ground level.
2. A choice of restaurants for lunch
You won't need to leave Albert Dock for lunch as there are several options in the complex. Feast on fish and chips in the open air, or take a table inside to enjoy Italian, Mexican or French cuisine.
3. Wear comfortable shoes
There's no traffic on the Dock itself, so you're going to do a bit of walking if you want to see it all. To see more of Liverpool's UNESCO listed waterfront, walk north from the dock along the water, past the Liver Building, Pier Head and Titanic Memorial.
Recommended Accommodation Near Albert Dock
Best things to do near Albert Dock
The beauty of a visit to Albert Dock is that it's close to the city centre and all the attractions Liverpool has to offer. This vibrant city really does cater for all tastes and visitor preferences, so it's worth exploring.
1. Mersey Ferries
Thousands of commuters use the Mersey Ferries to cross the river each day, but the company also offers a River Explorer cruise with commentary. Enjoy a different perspective of the city from out on the water.
2. Tunnel Tours
There are two tunnels under the Mersey between Liverpool and the Wirral, and one of the city's most unusual experiences is the Tunnel Tour. This gives visitors the chance to put on a hard hat, learn about how the tunnel was built and see how ventilation works. It's a perfect day out for anyone interested in engineering.
3. Magical Mystery Tour
Music fans won't want to miss the opportunity to see the city from the Beatles' perspective; visit the band's childhood homes, see the famous Cavern club and discover locations such as the famous Strawberry Field childen's home.
Visit Other Popular Attractions
- Accommodation near Buckingham Palace
- Accommodation near Eden Project
- Accommodation near Harewood House
- Accommodation near Lincoln Cathedral
- Accommodation near Temple Newsam
- Accommodation near The Lowry
- Canterbury Cathedral hotels
- Celtic Park Accommodation
- Chatsworth hotels
- Cheddar Gorge Accommodation
- Hotels near Big Ben
- Hotels near Blenheim Palace
- Hotels near Brighton Pier
- Hotels near British Library
- Hotels near Bullring
- Hotels near Cadbury World
- Hotels near Castle Howard
- Hotels near Edinburgh Castle
- Hotels near Houses of Parliament
- Hotels near London Eye
- Hotels near London Science Museum
- Hotels near Madam Tussauds
- Hotels near Natural History Museum
- Hotels near Roman Baths
- Hotels near Royal Albert Hall
- Hotels near Somerset House
- Hotels near Southbank Centre
- Hotels near St Pauls Cathedral
- Hotels near Tate Britain
- Hotels near Tate Modern
- Hotels near The Cavern Club
- Hotels near Victoria and Albert Museum
- Hotels near Westminster Abbey
- Hotels near Windsor Castle
- Kew Gardens hotels
- Regents Park hotels
- Stonehenge campsites
- Warwick Castle accommodation
- York Minster Accommodation