For a stress-free experience be sure to plan your visit to Manchester Arena in advance and follow these tips for an evening of pure bliss.
- While there is some parking available, the arena's location in central Manchester means that arriving by train, tram or bus is preferable to driving. Manchester Arena is adjacent to Victoria Train Station where both mainline trains and the local Metro Link trams stop. However, if you do choose to drive, pre-booked parking with the arena's official partner, NCP, is available.
- The arena has a capacity of 21,000 people and so security lines at the entrance can be long. Ensuring that you arrive in enough time to clear the checks, get a drink and find your seat will make for a more pleasant and enjoyable experience.
- While most of the rules and regulations are applicable for all shows, some of them do change. The arena's website provides a detailed list of information including prohibited items, age restrictions and what size bags are permitted into the arena.
The arena's unique location in the centre of the city means that it is excellently placed for exploring the surrounding area. Enjoy a drink in the Northern Quarter or a bite to eat in Exchange Square before heading off to Europe's largest concert area.
- Just a short walk from the arena you will arrive at the National Football Museum. Located in the Urbis building, the museum houses a vast collection of the sport's memorabilia including the oldest surviving FA Cup trophy. Entrance to the museum is free.
- Just 0.3 miles from the arena is Manchester's vibrant Exchange Square. Packed with stylish shops and boutique style restaurants, the square is also home to The Printworks, the city's premier entertainment complex. The historic Corn Exchange is also situated in the vicinity.
- Located 5 minutes from the area is the city's trendiest district, the Nothern Quarter. It is the city's epicentre of bohemian culture and has some of the chicest bars and coolest craft beer cafes anywhere in the north of England. For a casual drink head to The Blue Pig or Trof and if the sun is shining you simply cannot beat a spot on the roof at Terrace.