Useful information for your visit to London Science Museum
The museum covers a vast range of topics, so even those not fanatically interested in science will find something to engage and entertain them.
1. Space Travel
See satellites, rockets, and even a chunk of the moon as you walk through the first part of the museum. On the third floor, be sure to check out the Space Descent Virtual Reality experience, which gives a first-hand view of what it's like to hurtle back to Earth after a mission in space.
2. Making the Modern World
This exhibit comprises items which have collectively made our society what it is today. Marvel at the 'Puffing Billy' steam engine, a vintage Apple computer, and Tracy the transgenic sheep.
3. Pattern Pod
Specially designed for children, this exhibit looks at the role of patterns in science. Kids can get hands-on with touch screens, and learn about how patterns are used to predict future events.
4. Tomorrow's World
A look at exciting, up-and-coming technology which will shape our planet in the near future. This exhibit looks at how we'll recycle blood, create a super healing spray, and open up a universe of new possibilities with quantum computing.
Recommended Accommodation Near London Science Museum
Best things to do near London Science Museum
Located on Exhibition Road, the London Science Museum is close to other fantastic spaces to learn and have fun with your family. You'll also be in the chic South Kensington district, which is superb for upmarket shopping and finding great places to eat.
1. Natural History Museum
Another of London's most popular museums, this is London's home to the dinosaurs. See how these giant, prehistoric creatures lived and don't miss the famous T-rex robot. The Cocoon, meanwhile, is all about the amazing world of insects.
2. Victoria and Albert Museum
The V&A is named after the famous British Queen and her husband. It hosts a great mix of exhibits, from Islamic art to fashion through the centuries.
3. South Kensington and Chelsea
Stroll along King's Road and find an amazing outfit to wear on a special night out in London. There are many great restaurants, with French being a particular speciality of the area. Alternatively, just grab a coffee and people watch in this charming area.
4. Battersea Power Station
One of London's most famous modern landmarks, this area is quickly being redeveloped into one of the most interesting real estate hotspots in the capital. It's right by the river and thus a favourite subject for urban photographers.
Great Places to Stay Near London Science Museum
Visit Other Popular Attractions
- Accommodation near Buckingham Palace
- Accommodation near Eden Project
- Accommodation near Harewood House
- Accommodation near Lincoln Cathedral
- Accommodation near Temple Newsam
- Accommodation near The Lowry
- Albert Dock hotels
- Canterbury Cathedral hotels
- Celtic Park Accommodation
- Chatsworth hotels
- Cheddar Gorge Accommodation
- Hotels near Big Ben
- Hotels near Blenheim Palace
- Hotels near Brighton Pier
- Hotels near British Library
- Hotels near Bullring
- Hotels near Cadbury World
- Hotels near Castle Howard
- Hotels near Edinburgh Castle
- Hotels near Houses of Parliament
- Hotels near London Eye
- Hotels near Madam Tussauds
- Hotels near Natural History Museum
- Hotels near Roman Baths
- Hotels near Royal Albert Hall
- Hotels near Somerset House
- Hotels near Southbank Centre
- Hotels near St Pauls Cathedral
- Hotels near Tate Britain
- Hotels near Tate Modern
- Hotels near The Cavern Club
- Hotels near Victoria and Albert Museum
- Hotels near Westminster Abbey
- Hotels near Windsor Castle
- Kew Gardens hotels
- Regents Park hotels
- Stonehenge campsites
- Warwick Castle accommodation
- York Minster Accommodation